Lochgelly Community Council are calling on all candidates in the forthcoming Fife Council elections to pledge support and publicly back our campaigns which will improve Lochgelly.
Speaking after the last Community Council meeting, Secretary Stevie Murray said “Lochgelly has seen a great deal of improvements over the last few years, improvements which were rewarded, when we won the Most Improved Town award. The work down to achieve the changes across the town must continue. I am proud to be part of a Community Council which has been progressive and mature in its approach to supporting these changes. When you look at the Public Park, development of Rock Gelly, The approval for the Cycle Park, Town House, Main street and Bank street redevelopment projects there is a lot that everyone in the town can be proud off.”
The Community Council noted that whilst there has been tremendous progress, it is important that whoever is elected commits to support progressing our priorities.
• New Health Centre which is fit for all and provides the right help at the right time
• Protect levels of promised investment in all local projects (Heritage Centre, Cycle Circuit, Rockgelly, Play Park improvements)
• Increase and improve access to Recreational, Parks and Open spaces
• Support the transformation of derelict buildings and land for social housing
• Increased support and funding for our local Police and Community Wardens to tackle anti-social behaviour
• A new Primary School which is fit for all of our children
Stevie concluded “The Community Council agreed at the last meeting, that whilst we cant back any candidate and do not want to influence how people vote, we do want candidates to commit to Lochgelly. On that basis we are calling on each candidate and ask them to publicly commit during their election campaigning that if they are elected they will drive forward Lochgelly Community Council’s priorities.”